What do students REALLY want to know? ….As students are doing campus tours, attending college fairs and engaging with college representatives at their high schools, I thought I’d share a few of the questions I’ve heard from students recently, most of which are not included in this great article, "50 Questions to Ask When You're on a College Visit". Notice how most of the students’ actual questions are not related to academics or formal education but to social aspects and daily living.
* What kind of food do you have or how many places can you get something to eat on campus? Does the little robot deliver to dorm rooms?
* Is there Greek life?
* What are the dorms like? How many people are in a room?
* How do I get a roommate?
* How far is it to a beach?
* Do you consider your college and students to be more liberal or conservative?
* What is there to do in your college town?
* What activities are there for freshman to help them meet people?
* How do students get around campus or to places in the city?
* Can I double, triple major? Can I have 2 minors?
* Can I change majors?
* Does it rain/snow a lot?
* How do I get involved in clubs or campus activities?